- Noodles: 500gr
- Fresh shrimp: 100gr
- Dried shrimp: 100gr
- Tofu: 2 covers
- Chicken eggs: 2 eggs
- Palm sugar: 220gr
- White sugar: 100g
- Price, chives: 150gr
- Dried onions, chili, garlic, peanuts
- Sour tamarind
- Delicious fish sauce
Step 1: Make Pad Thai Sauce
- When you buy tamarind, you put it in a cup, add warm water, and let the tamarind melt. Then you pour the tamarind through a sieve, discarding the body and just get the juice.
- Put a pan on the stove, add tamarind juice, jaggery, fish sauce and white sugar to cook. Stir well until the sugar and tamarind dissolve, mix the spices well, then turn off the heat, pour into a bowl to cool. While cooking the sauce, keep the heat low to prevent the sauce from running out!
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients
- Dry noodle soup, you soak it in cold water until it blooms, then take it out and let it dry
- Tofu you cut into squares, about 2cm side and then drop into the deep-fried oil pan and take out on a plate.
- Dried shrimp, you wash with water and then soak in cold water until soft.
- Fresh shrimp you remove the head, peel, remove the back, keep only the part
- Chives and bean sprouts, remove the shriveled part, then wash, soak with a little salt and then take out the basket to drain.
Step 3: Cook Pad Thai
- Use a non-stick pan to avoid the noodle sticking to the pot! Put the pan on the stove, when the pan is hot, add the minced onion and garlic and fry until fragrant, then add the shrimp and stir-fry. Shrimp is very quick to cook, so you stir for a while, then add fried tofu and stir-fry. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, turn off the heat and remove to a plate,
- Still with the same pan, you add cooking oil and then stir-fry chives and bean sprouts. About 2-3 minutes, you add a little seasoning, stir well and then add noodles, shrimp and tofu.
- – Stir well so that the noodles are loose and the ingredients are mixed together. You should have some fish sauce and main noodles to taste. Crack an egg into a bowl, stir well, then pour in and stir-fry with the pho. Quickly stir-fry until the egg sticks to the noodles.
Step 4: Done
You add tamarind sauce to the fried noodle soup, stir well to allow the sauce to penetrate, you can turn off the stove.
Step 5: Enjoy
- If you eat spicy, you can add chili, otherwise, add a little roasted peanuts or fried noodles on top to eat with it will be very delicious.
- Pad Thai has a harmonious taste of sour, salty, spicy, soft noodle soup, fresh shrimp, and cool crisp chives. Eat it while it’s still hot!