Chicken curry is delicious and nutritious, a very popular dish. Rich chicken, carrots, potatoes for natural sweetness, chicken curry soup with a moderate consistency, a little spicy, dipping bread, eating with rice are all great.
To cook a delicious chicken curry, the chicken must be marinated properly, when eaten, it has the pungent taste of chili, the aroma of onions mixed in the sweet soup.
- 1 kg of chicken meat
- 2 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of lemongrass
- 500 gr grated coconut rice
- 1 packet of curry powder
- Garlic, red onion, red chilli, turmeric powder
- Other seasoning
- Clean chicken, use salt to rub around the chicken to remove odors and residual impurities, then rinse with water, drain.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Should be cut firmly so that the piece of chicken is square, beautiful and has no broken bones, to avoid choking when eating.
- Lemongrass washed, stamped and then cut into pieces about 3 cm. Onions with garlic, peeled and minced.
- Once the chicken is drained, pour into a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of seasoning powder with a little turmeric powder, curry powder, minced garlic onion, crushed lemongrass, mix well with chicken and marinate for 2-4 hours. You can put the chicken in the refrigerator to let the meat absorb the spices and ensure freshness.
- The grated coconut is put in a clean towel, squeeze out the juice. Put the bowl of coconut milk in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, then take it out, use a spoon to pick up the layer of coconut oil floating on the top of the bowl, put it in a small bowl. The remaining coconut milk in a large pot, add 2 liters of filtered water to mix.
- Carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, washed and then peeled, cut into squares, put in diluted salt water and soaked for about 10 minutes to get rid of the latex and not darken. Take it out and wash it with clean water and then put it in a basket to dry.
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes are lightly fried with oil so that when cooking is not crushed and more delicious.
Cook Chicken Curry
- Put a little oil in the pan and heat until it is hot, then pour in the chicken and stir-fry quickly with high heat until the chicken skin is firm.
- The pot of coconut milk is ready to bring to a boil. When the water boils, pour in all the fried chicken, reduce the heat to a moderate level, not too small nor too big to stew the chicken. Remember to skim regularly to keep the curry liquid clear.
- Stew for about 30 minutes, then add all the potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes, then cover the pot, continue to stew.
- When the potatoes and carrots start to ripen, add a bowl of coconut oil and cook until the water boils again, then add the onions, continue to cook at low heat. Cook until all ingredients are soft, then turn off the heat, scoop out into a bowl and enjoy. If you like spicy food, you can add a few slices of chili and pepper powder.